Thursday, November 15, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

That's right - Monday Night Football! For my birthday this year, Dan got me two tickets to the Seattle vs. San Francisco football game. He wasn't really interested in going, so I took his cousin's wife (and my good friend) Cheri. We left Skagit County around 11:30, even though the game didn't start until 5:30. We stopped in Alderwood to get some gloves at Old Navy, since we both forgot ours! We shopped for a bit and then had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We then made our way to Qwest field. We wandered around a bit and hooked up with a couple of her friends who were tailgating it. KOMO 4 interviewed a bunch of people there about tailgating so that we pretty cool to see. We finally made it inside the stadium and headed for the exhibition center. They have a bunch of booth set up with freebies and giveaways. We visited the Seahawk's team booth for some souvenirs and grabbed a beer. We wandered a bit and ran into Drew Carey coming off the stage! He signed my poster and I got a pretty good picture. We also say Warren Moon, Brock Huard, and Steve Raibel doing a broadcast. Finally we made it toward our seats. We were in season ticket holder club seats so we had to enter through a special door. The club part was awesome! They had good restaurants and bars - even serving hard alcohol (not just beer)! We ended up about 25 rows from the field just in front of the ESPN crew! They were doing their pre and post game shows and half time report right in front of us! I got to see Emmit Smith and Steve Young but from our seats. I tried to get a good picture, but it was tricky. Overall, Cheri and I had a blast - I'd definitely go to another game again!

No comments: